Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Pre Birthday Post

Welcome to my blog, Y'all!

This is something that I have been wanting to start for a while, but I just haven't had the motivation or time lately, but tomorrow's big event finally gave me the push I needed.

Tomorrow (Which is less than an hour away. . ) is my 18th Birthday (Yeah, I'm a baby, I know. Such a young college freshie.) and I am celebrating my birthday by doing something I absolutely love: Serving others. Growing up, service was something I did rather often. I LOVE serving others. It helps define who I am. My two favorite things in the whole wide world are serving others and spending quality time with people. When you put those two together I get beyond excited.
I found out about this great organization called The Birthday Project and I absolutely fell in love with the idea. The moment I knew that this was what I was supposed to do for my birthday was when I noticed their logo has dandelions on it. I have a really odd love for dandelions.
So the big birthday plan is to do 18 Random Acts of Kindness on my college campus. I set it specifically to my campus because- in my opinion- it is easier to serve those I do not know and hard to serve those I live with. I want to give back to my beautiful campus and the people around me. This is probably going to be one of the most exciting and scariest things I will ever do. I am thrilled and shaking in my silver generic-brand Toms all at the same time.

Here is the challenge:

18 Random Acts of Kindness.
My college campus.
24 hours. (Not counting the 1 class period I have tomorrow plus the WPE)
a budget of $50.00

Sounds awesome, right? You would just LOVE to participate, too, right? Well, here is my challenge to you:

1 random act of kindness
Your "campus" (home, work, church, school, or other place you spend quite a bit of time tomorrow.)
24 hours.
Your *budget: FREE - 1,000,000,000,000,000.00
*I'm doing plenty of free stuff so don't think you can't participate because you don't have money.

The reason I am doing this? Because God has given me such an awesome life and He has blessed me with another year to continue striving after His purpose. This is one day to give back to others as Christ gave to us.

After writing what feels like writing a million cards and taping, folding, and cutting a billion things I am finally ready. Everything is by the door or about to get packed up into my backpack. This is gonna be awesome and scary. I will try to update on every RAOK I do and how my challenge goes. Its gonna be a busy rest of the week so it may take me a while to update everything.

**If you participate by doing a RAOK I would love to hear about it! Email me at babblingbr@gmail.com.
***Also, if you are one fantastic recipient of one of my RAOK or just found out about it from a friend, email me also! I would love to hear from you!

Say a prayer for me and I'll say a prayer for you! Let's do this!
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment